Monday, February 3, 2014

Phillip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

Note: Parents, this blog entry may be too bleak for your kids. I share these stories with my kids as "cautionary tales" about drugs but that's your call...

Article: Famous actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his apartment this weekend presumably of a drug overdose. Two packets of heroin was found beside his body, along with a syringe in his arm. He was only 46 years old. He suffered from drug addiction in the past, but had been clean for 23 years. He is best known to audiences for his Oscar winning role in "Capote" and for his role as game master in Hunger Games. When he won the Oscar, he thanked his mother, "She took me to my first play and she stayed up with me and watched the NCAA Final Four, and my passions, her passions became my passions." He is survived by three children.  

Discussion

  • Hoffman first began acting in high school. Acting was his passion. What is your passion? What do you want to do when you grow up? 
  • Why is this tragic? How could his death have been prevented? 

No comments:

Post a Comment